iFixit Mac Mini Dual Hard Drive Kit
The new Mac mini has plenty of space inside for a second hard drive, but Apple charges a huge premium to install a second drive or SSD inside. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to take advantage of the space. To help you out, the folks over at iFixit have come up with Mac Mini Dual Hard Drive Kit ($70), which has all the pieces you need, except for the hard drive, which you choose yourself.
Inside the Dual Hard Drive Kit are a proprietary SATA hard drive cable, shock-absorbing mounting grommets, mounting screws, a Mac mini Logic Board removal tool, a 26-piece bit drive kit, and a spudger to open the computer. You can plug in any standard 2.5” SATA drive, but it’s easiest to recommend adding an SSD, which can really speed the mini up if used as a boot drive. Fair warning: the company lists this as a difficult installation, and any time you start poking around inside your Mac, it voids the warranty. You can decide whether this is a small price to pay to turn your mini into a more powerful little monster.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?