iFixit Mac Mini Dual Hard Drive Kit
The new Mac mini has plenty of space inside for a second hard drive, but Apple charges a huge premium to install a second drive or SSD inside. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to take advantage of the space. To help you out, the folks over at iFixit have come up with Mac Mini Dual Hard Drive Kit ($70), which has all the pieces you need, except for the hard drive, which you choose yourself.
Inside the Dual Hard Drive Kit are a proprietary SATA hard drive cable, shock-absorbing mounting grommets, mounting screws, a Mac mini Logic Board removal tool, a 26-piece bit drive kit, and a spudger to open the computer. You can plug in any standard 2.5” SATA drive, but it’s easiest to recommend adding an SSD, which can really speed the mini up if used as a boot drive. Fair warning: the company lists this as a difficult installation, and any time you start poking around inside your Mac, it voids the warranty. You can decide whether this is a small price to pay to turn your mini into a more powerful little monster.
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?