Ikea Expedit TV Storage Unit
Once you have all the Apple hardware you need for a killer media center, including an HDTV and Mac mini, you just need to find the perfect way to show it all off. A budget option our editors like is Ikea’s Expedit TV Storage Unit ($229), an extremely clean-looking cube-based design with space for everything from your Mac and television to a receiver, game consoles, and much more.
Available in black or Apple-esque white, this modular shelving system has a central box for your TV, surrounded by 16 square shelves and twin rectangular ones right in the center. A number of inserts personalize the unit, including drawers, doors, and the Lekman box, all of which we’ve tried and liked. If you dig the style but aren’t looking for a place to put your TV, the Expedit Bookcase starts at $129 and features only the boxes. We’ve used them for everything from shelves to room dividers, and though they’re not the fanciest furniture we’ve ever seen, the prices are right.
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?