InfiniWing LandingZone Docking Station for MacBook Air
We first wrote about InfiniWing’s LandingZone ($99-$199) way back at the end of 2011 when it was still a project on Kickstarter, and now, finally, we have it in our hands. The look and function are still the same as they ever were: LandingZone is a docking station for your 11” or 13” MacBook Air, designed to give you a clean and simple way to connect to a display and peripherals.
As of early June 2013, LandingZone is being offered in three different models. The least expensive is the 2.0 Lite version, which adds a Kensington Security Slot, two USB 3.0 pass-through ports, a cutout hole for the Thunderbolt port, and a holder for the MagSafe 2 plug. There are two separate Pro versions; Pro 1.0 is for MacBook Airs released between 2010 and mid-2012, while Pro 2.0 is for mid-2012 to early 2013 machines. Both Pro models add an extra pair of USB ports, plus Ethernet connectivity, a Mini DisplayPort passthrough, and adapters to power them.
We’re pretty impressed with the build quality of the fininished LandingZone product. Although it’s made from plastic, it has a nice heft that makes it feel a bit more substantial than it looks. A smooth lever mechanism lets it easily open and close; a clip is included to hold the lever shut when LandingZone isn’t connected to a computer. Based on our initial testing, it’s a worthwhile accessory for Air users who want quick access to a display and accessories back at a desk.
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today