InfiniWing LandingZone Docking Station for MacBook Air
We first wrote about InfiniWing’s LandingZone ($99-$199) way back at the end of 2011 when it was still a project on Kickstarter, and now, finally, we have it in our hands. The look and function are still the same as they ever were: LandingZone is a docking station for your 11” or 13” MacBook Air, designed to give you a clean and simple way to connect to a display and peripherals.
As of early June 2013, LandingZone is being offered in three different models. The least expensive is the 2.0 Lite version, which adds a Kensington Security Slot, two USB 3.0 pass-through ports, a cutout hole for the Thunderbolt port, and a holder for the MagSafe 2 plug. There are two separate Pro versions; Pro 1.0 is for MacBook Airs released between 2010 and mid-2012, while Pro 2.0 is for mid-2012 to early 2013 machines. Both Pro models add an extra pair of USB ports, plus Ethernet connectivity, a Mini DisplayPort passthrough, and adapters to power them.
We’re pretty impressed with the build quality of the fininished LandingZone product. Although it’s made from plastic, it has a nice heft that makes it feel a bit more substantial than it looks. A smooth lever mechanism lets it easily open and close; a clip is included to hold the lever shut when LandingZone isn’t connected to a computer. Based on our initial testing, it’s a worthwhile accessory for Air users who want quick access to a display and accessories back at a desk.
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0