InfiniWing LandingZone Docking Station for MacBook Air
We first wrote about InfiniWing’s LandingZone ($99-$199) way back at the end of 2011 when it was still a project on Kickstarter, and now, finally, we have it in our hands. The look and function are still the same as they ever were: LandingZone is a docking station for your 11” or 13” MacBook Air, designed to give you a clean and simple way to connect to a display and peripherals.
As of early June 2013, LandingZone is being offered in three different models. The least expensive is the 2.0 Lite version, which adds a Kensington Security Slot, two USB 3.0 pass-through ports, a cutout hole for the Thunderbolt port, and a holder for the MagSafe 2 plug. There are two separate Pro versions; Pro 1.0 is for MacBook Airs released between 2010 and mid-2012, while Pro 2.0 is for mid-2012 to early 2013 machines. Both Pro models add an extra pair of USB ports, plus Ethernet connectivity, a Mini DisplayPort passthrough, and adapters to power them.
We’re pretty impressed with the build quality of the fininished LandingZone product. Although it’s made from plastic, it has a nice heft that makes it feel a bit more substantial than it looks. A smooth lever mechanism lets it easily open and close; a clip is included to hold the lever shut when LandingZone isn’t connected to a computer. Based on our initial testing, it’s a worthwhile accessory for Air users who want quick access to a display and accessories back at a desk.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?