InfiniWing LandingZone Docking Station for MacBook Air
We first wrote about InfiniWing’s LandingZone ($99-$199) way back at the end of 2011 when it was still a project on Kickstarter, and now, finally, we have it in our hands. The look and function are still the same as they ever were: LandingZone is a docking station for your 11” or 13” MacBook Air, designed to give you a clean and simple way to connect to a display and peripherals.
As of early June 2013, LandingZone is being offered in three different models. The least expensive is the 2.0 Lite version, which adds a Kensington Security Slot, two USB 3.0 pass-through ports, a cutout hole for the Thunderbolt port, and a holder for the MagSafe 2 plug. There are two separate Pro versions; Pro 1.0 is for MacBook Airs released between 2010 and mid-2012, while Pro 2.0 is for mid-2012 to early 2013 machines. Both Pro models add an extra pair of USB ports, plus Ethernet connectivity, a Mini DisplayPort passthrough, and adapters to power them.
We’re pretty impressed with the build quality of the fininished LandingZone product. Although it’s made from plastic, it has a nice heft that makes it feel a bit more substantial than it looks. A smooth lever mechanism lets it easily open and close; a clip is included to hold the lever shut when LandingZone isn’t connected to a computer. Based on our initial testing, it’s a worthwhile accessory for Air users who want quick access to a display and accessories back at a desk.
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?