InfiniWing LandingZone Docking Station for MacBook Air
We first wrote about InfiniWing’s LandingZone ($99-$199) way back at the end of 2011 when it was still a project on Kickstarter, and now, finally, we have it in our hands. The look and function are still the same as they ever were: LandingZone is a docking station for your 11” or 13” MacBook Air, designed to give you a clean and simple way to connect to a display and peripherals.
As of early June 2013, LandingZone is being offered in three different models. The least expensive is the 2.0 Lite version, which adds a Kensington Security Slot, two USB 3.0 pass-through ports, a cutout hole for the Thunderbolt port, and a holder for the MagSafe 2 plug. There are two separate Pro versions; Pro 1.0 is for MacBook Airs released between 2010 and mid-2012, while Pro 2.0 is for mid-2012 to early 2013 machines. Both Pro models add an extra pair of USB ports, plus Ethernet connectivity, a Mini DisplayPort passthrough, and adapters to power them.
We’re pretty impressed with the build quality of the fininished LandingZone product. Although it’s made from plastic, it has a nice heft that makes it feel a bit more substantial than it looks. A smooth lever mechanism lets it easily open and close; a clip is included to hold the lever shut when LandingZone isn’t connected to a computer. Based on our initial testing, it’s a worthwhile accessory for Air users who want quick access to a display and accessories back at a desk.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?