ioSafe 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterproof Hard Drive
One of the problems with any on-site backup device is that it’s endangered by the same threats as the connected computer. If there’s a fire, flood, or theft, you could lose the data anyways. ioSafe is presenting an alternative—something that will stand up to all those possible dangers. 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterproof Hard Drive ($400) is tough as nails without costing an arm and a leg.
Connecting to your Mac over USB 3.0, Solo G3 is both fireproof and waterproof. It can withstand temperatures of up to 1550 degrees Fahrenheit for half an hour, and will survive being submerged under 10 feet of water for days. You can also secure it to the floor so that it doesn’t get stolen. If the unthinkable does happen, ioSafe offers a year of data recovery service, covering up to $2,500 per terabyte. It’s never a bad idea to be cautious when it comes to your data, and this certainly isn’t a bad way to do so.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?