ioSafe 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterproof Hard Drive
One of the problems with any on-site backup device is that it’s endangered by the same threats as the connected computer. If there’s a fire, flood, or theft, you could lose the data anyways. ioSafe is presenting an alternative—something that will stand up to all those possible dangers. 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterproof Hard Drive ($400) is tough as nails without costing an arm and a leg.
Connecting to your Mac over USB 3.0, Solo G3 is both fireproof and waterproof. It can withstand temperatures of up to 1550 degrees Fahrenheit for half an hour, and will survive being submerged under 10 feet of water for days. You can also secure it to the floor so that it doesn’t get stolen. If the unthinkable does happen, ioSafe offers a year of data recovery service, covering up to $2,500 per terabyte. It’s never a bad idea to be cautious when it comes to your data, and this certainly isn’t a bad way to do so.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?