ioSafe 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterproof Hard Drive
One of the problems with any on-site backup device is that it’s endangered by the same threats as the connected computer. If there’s a fire, flood, or theft, you could lose the data anyways. ioSafe is presenting an alternative—something that will stand up to all those possible dangers. 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterproof Hard Drive ($400) is tough as nails without costing an arm and a leg.
Connecting to your Mac over USB 3.0, Solo G3 is both fireproof and waterproof. It can withstand temperatures of up to 1550 degrees Fahrenheit for half an hour, and will survive being submerged under 10 feet of water for days. You can also secure it to the floor so that it doesn’t get stolen. If the unthinkable does happen, ioSafe offers a year of data recovery service, covering up to $2,500 per terabyte. It’s never a bad idea to be cautious when it comes to your data, and this certainly isn’t a bad way to do so.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?