ioSafe Rugged Portable Hard Drive
Ever gone mountain climbing or swimming with your external hard drive? We’re assuming not—nor are we recommending either of those activities—but if you are the kind of person prone to destroying hard drives in one way or another, check out ioSafe’s Rugged Portable Hard Drive ($200-$300). Available in either 500GB or 1TB, this guy offers USB and two FireWire 800 ports, a Kensington-style lock slot on the back, and is made to stand up to pretty much anything you throw at it.
Rugged Portable is designed to not only withstand drops of 20 feet, but also offers crush protection up to 5,000 pounds and can survive being immersed in water—or pretty much any other liquid you can think of—for 72 hours. And if anything does happen to damage the drive, ioSafe offers a free year of its Data Recovery Service worth up to $2,500. Pretty impressive.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?