j5 create JUH320 v2 Wormhole Docking Station
Apple users are used to dealing with fewer ports than they might otherwise want, but there are times when extras are particularly appreciated. Hubs and docking stations are always options, but they’re generally not the prettiest things around. A company called j5 create has introduced a new accessory that matches the design of your Mac and isn’t too obtrusive: the JUH320 v2 Wormhole Docking Station ($130). Not only do you get extra inputs, but you can also share peripherals and files with a second computer as well. Updated December 5, 2011 was new pictures and hands-on impressions!
JUH320 v2 connects to your MacBook Air or Pro through USB. It adds two USB ports, an SD/MMC slot—especially useful for the 11” Air—a MicroSD slot, and a Memory Stick slot, all while lifting the computer up a bit for improved airflow. It also utilizes the company’s “wormhole technology” so that you can share a keyboard, mouse, and files between two computers, Mac or PC. We’ll update this piece soon with hands-on pictures and our first impressions.
Update: We received a JUH320 v2 and have had a chance to play around with it for a bit. It’s a nice looking device, and seems to work very well. When you connect two computers together, a disc icon pops up on both desktops and double-clicking on it walks you through a very simple installation. After that, the two are synced up and you can easily move your cursor or files between them. Our only complaint is the tangle of cords poking out of the back on our already cluttered desk.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?