j5 create JUH320 v2 Wormhole Docking Station
Apple users are used to dealing with fewer ports than they might otherwise want, but there are times when extras are particularly appreciated. Hubs and docking stations are always options, but they’re generally not the prettiest things around. A company called j5 create has introduced a new accessory that matches the design of your Mac and isn’t too obtrusive: the JUH320 v2 Wormhole Docking Station ($130). Not only do you get extra inputs, but you can also share peripherals and files with a second computer as well. Updated December 5, 2011 was new pictures and hands-on impressions!
JUH320 v2 connects to your MacBook Air or Pro through USB. It adds two USB ports, an SD/MMC slot—especially useful for the 11” Air—a MicroSD slot, and a Memory Stick slot, all while lifting the computer up a bit for improved airflow. It also utilizes the company’s “wormhole technology” so that you can share a keyboard, mouse, and files between two computers, Mac or PC. We’ll update this piece soon with hands-on pictures and our first impressions.
Update: We received a JUH320 v2 and have had a chance to play around with it for a bit. It’s a nice looking device, and seems to work very well. When you connect two computers together, a disc icon pops up on both desktops and double-clicking on it walks you through a very simple installation. After that, the two are synced up and you can easily move your cursor or files between them. Our only complaint is the tangle of cords poking out of the back on our already cluttered desk.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015