Jake Harms Macquarium
Classic Apple products have been repurposed into everything from clocks to iPad docks. Jake Harms’ version of the Mac de-evolution is Macquarium ($199), which is exactly what it sounds like: a fully functionting aquarium made out of a G3 iMac, complete with a built-in filter and lights.
Harms acquires the computers from local recyclers. After sprucing them up and taking out all of the electronic guts, he installs a three and a half gallon tank, suitable for keeping one to three fish. Right now you can get blue, aqua, white, smoke, red, Flower Power, and Blue Dalmatian patterns. If you have your own slot-loading G3 lying around, he also sells do-it-yourself conversion kits for $135. The kit includes the custom tank, a filter, a three foot rope light, light switch, six foot power cord, tank mounting hardware, and wire ties; you supply the tools.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?