Just Mobile AluCube Mini
Desktop cable holders generally aren’t the most exciting things in the world, but when they’re designed well, they can add class to an otherwise chaotic workstation. As soon as we heard that Just Mobile was going to take a stab at its own, we knew we’d like the results. Introduced at the 2012 International CES in the iLounge Pavilion as the winning entry from a European design competition held last year, AluCube Mini ($20/pair) is just the sort of cute little metal thing we expect from Just Mobile.
Given that we’re talking about Just Mobile, it’s no surprise that the body of the accessory is made of Jony Ive-inspired aluminum, which adds some weight for stabilization. Inside is black rubber with a slit down down the middle and a bottleneck towards the top; it offers just enough give to allow a cable to slide in or out. Twenty bucks for the set really isn’t a bad deal for holders that feel this nice. Update: We’ve had a chance to test AluCube Mini as a desktop cable holder for a MacBook MagSafe adapter, and it has worked really well for us, keeping the connector exactly where we’ve wanted it alongside a tabletop dock. This isn’t a huge surprise, but the size, weight, and design are all nicely matched to this particular need.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?