Just Mobile AluDisc
It should come as a surprise to no one that Just Mobile is back at it again, with yet another handsome metal Mac accessory made to fill a need you might not even know you had. This time, it’s AluDisc ($70). If you guessed it’s a disc of aluminum, you’re right on. It’s a stand, giving your iMac or Apple display the ability to rotate 360 degrees. Updated with new photos and hands-on impressions!
The aluminum circle is 11 inches in diameter, and just over three-quarters of an inch tall. Inside, there’s a ball-bearing system that allows it to easily spin all the way around. Just Mobile says this is great for reshaping your workspace, or even just accessing your ports without having to reach around blindly. We could see it being particularly useful in a business setting, where one might want to rotate an iMac to show what’s on the screen.
Updated: Originally announced at the end of May, AluDisc is now actually shipping, and we’ve had an opportunity to try it out. The pedestal is quite big, with enough space to accommodate a 27” iMac or Thunderbolt Display leg with a little bit of room to spare on each side. Unlike the swirled silver top, the plastic bottom is completely covered in rubber, with a small gap to let the disc swivel in complete silence through 360 degrees of freedom. Our review sample looked great and worked perfectly, with the footprint as its only arguable issue; while it’s right-sized for Macs, it’s too big to fit properly atop Just Mobile’s Drawer, which we continue to love. If all you’re looking for is less than an inch of elevation and some rotation, consider it. We’re hoping to see a combo of the two ideas in a future sequel.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015