Kanex 4-Port USB 3 Hub + USB 3 Gigabit Adapter
With Apple’s new iMacs finally making their way to stores, the computer maker’s entire lineup is now outfitted with USB 3.0—save, of course, for the neglected Mac Pro. Kanex has a couple of new accessories to take advantage of the super fast ports: its 4-Port USB 3 Hub ($59) and USB 3 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter ($49) may not be glamorous, but they’re useful add-ons.
The 4-Port USB 3 Hub is just what it sounds like, adding four ports that support transfer rates of up to five gigabits per second. This makes it a smart choice for those with lots of hard drives or other devices to connect. The Ethernet Adapter costs more than Apple’s Thunderbolt version, but at least it leaves that even faster port open. Both come in classic Apple white, although the Ethernet Adapter’s colors skew more towards Performa beige.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?