Just what are you supposed to do if you have an older Mac—a machine with a Single- or Dual-Link DVI port—and a newer 24” or 27” LED Cinema Display? In the past, there would’ve been no easy way to make them play nice together. But now Kanex has jumped on the problem, adding another adapter to its already extensive list: C247DL ($149). This little white and gray box actively converts the DVI signal to Mini DisplayPort, allowing you to hook right in.
Not only does C247DL handle video at up to 2560x1600 resolution, it also supports audio over USB. On top of that, you’re able to use the display’s built-in camera. It’s a good solution for users with MacBook Pros, Mac minis, or Mac Pros that are a few years old but still have some life left in them. No word yet on if they’ll work with the Thunderbolt Display when it comes out; we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?