Up until now, if you used an Apple Cinema Display with more than one Mac, you’d have to manually change the plugs each time you wanted to switch machines. Kanex decided there’s a better way to manage cables, and that’s why it has introduced SnapX ($69). This switcher allows you to use all of the features of your display—the FaceTime camera, audio, and USB ports—with two different Macs, toggling between them at the push of a button.
Setup couldn’t be easier. The USB and Mini DisplayPort plugs from the display connect to SnapX’s back, which has two sets of the male version of those cables coming out of it. Connect them to the machines that you’re using and you’re all set. Then, when you want to toggle between them, simply press the button on top. It’ll light up the LED on the side of the machine that’s active. You can even connect to a 27” iMac in Target Display Mode, but you’ll need to provide your own Mini DisplayPort for that one.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards