Kanex Thunderbolt Cables
We all know the deal with Thunderbolt by now: it’s Apple’s superfast, new-ish transfer medium, capable of transferring data at up to 10 Gbps. At this point, every Mac but the Mac Pro has at least one Thunderbolt port. Other than Apple, only a few companies are making the cables. Kanex is now offering not only the least expensive basic Thunderbolt Cable ($43-$69) we’ve seen, but also varying lengths.
The company’s cables come in four sizes: 0.5m, 1m, 2m, or 3m—the longest we’ve come across. Although the aesthetics are different, they’re identical to Apple’s cables in terms of functionality. It’s possible that Thunderbolt cables will come down in price in 2013, but for now if you’re looking to save a few bucks and are content with a half-meter cable, this is the way to go.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?