Kanex Thunderbolt Cables
We all know the deal with Thunderbolt by now: it’s Apple’s superfast, new-ish transfer medium, capable of transferring data at up to 10 Gbps. At this point, every Mac but the Mac Pro has at least one Thunderbolt port. Other than Apple, only a few companies are making the cables. Kanex is now offering not only the least expensive basic Thunderbolt Cable ($43-$69) we’ve seen, but also varying lengths.
The company’s cables come in four sizes: 0.5m, 1m, 2m, or 3m—the longest we’ve come across. Although the aesthetics are different, they’re identical to Apple’s cables in terms of functionality. It’s possible that Thunderbolt cables will come down in price in 2013, but for now if you’re looking to save a few bucks and are content with a half-meter cable, this is the way to go.
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today