Kanex Thunderbolt Cables
We all know the deal with Thunderbolt by now: it’s Apple’s superfast, new-ish transfer medium, capable of transferring data at up to 10 Gbps. At this point, every Mac but the Mac Pro has at least one Thunderbolt port. Other than Apple, only a few companies are making the cables. Kanex is now offering not only the least expensive basic Thunderbolt Cable ($43-$69) we’ve seen, but also varying lengths.
The company’s cables come in four sizes: 0.5m, 1m, 2m, or 3m—the longest we’ve come across. Although the aesthetics are different, they’re identical to Apple’s cables in terms of functionality. It’s possible that Thunderbolt cables will come down in price in 2013, but for now if you’re looking to save a few bucks and are content with a half-meter cable, this is the way to go.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?