If you’re trying to plan a trip without knowing where you actually want to go, or what you want to do, Kayak’s new Mac application Explore (Free) will help you set your agenda in a really cool way. You can think of Explore as the modern day equivalent of throwing darts at a map—a cool interface that we really like.
Along the bottom of the window, you select all the info about your trip you want to take—category, where you’re coming from, your destination if you know it, how many people, and when you’re going—the app takes care of the rest. A slider lets you adjust your price range, and loupes on the map give you zoomed-in options with lots of info. Once you’re happy with it, just click the “Book now” button. Simple, fun, and different.
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Apple planning Touch ID Apple TV remote?
- Report: Integrated Apple Watch charging coming to third-party accessories
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2015: Record $49.6B revenue, 47.5M iPhones, 10.9M iPads
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?