Kensington ClickSafe Keyed Laptop Lock
If you take your MacBook out in public and walk away for a few minutes, there’s a fair risk that someone is going to try to steal it. In fact, there’s probably someone looking over your shoulder right now just waiting until you get up to use the bathroom. Locks are generally too much of a hassle, but they’re also a lot smarter than just trusting your Mac to keep itself safe in a room full of strangers. So Kensington is making things easier with its ClickSafe Keyed Laptop Lock ($45). There’s a carbon-reinforced cord and a special lock to attach to your MacBook or MacBook Pro.
Rather than having to turn a key to lock up your machine each time, this set has a piece that stays in the Kensington lock slot found on the MacBook and MacBook Pro (yes, that’s the oval-shaped hole on the left or the right side). When it’s time to secure the machine, just pop the lock on the little nub that’s sticking out of the slot. And that’s it. Thankfully undoing the lock isn’t quite that easy—unless you have Kensington’s keys.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?