Kensington ClickSafe Keyed Laptop Lock
If you take your MacBook out in public and walk away for a few minutes, there’s a fair risk that someone is going to try to steal it. In fact, there’s probably someone looking over your shoulder right now just waiting until you get up to use the bathroom. Locks are generally too much of a hassle, but they’re also a lot smarter than just trusting your Mac to keep itself safe in a room full of strangers. So Kensington is making things easier with its ClickSafe Keyed Laptop Lock ($45). There’s a carbon-reinforced cord and a special lock to attach to your MacBook or MacBook Pro.
Rather than having to turn a key to lock up your machine each time, this set has a piece that stays in the Kensington lock slot found on the MacBook and MacBook Pro (yes, that’s the oval-shaped hole on the left or the right side). When it’s time to secure the machine, just pop the lock on the little nub that’s sticking out of the slot. And that’s it. Thankfully undoing the lock isn’t quite that easy—unless you have Kensington’s keys.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015