Kensington ClickSafe Keyed Laptop Lock
If you take your MacBook out in public and walk away for a few minutes, there’s a fair risk that someone is going to try to steal it. In fact, there’s probably someone looking over your shoulder right now just waiting until you get up to use the bathroom. Locks are generally too much of a hassle, but they’re also a lot smarter than just trusting your Mac to keep itself safe in a room full of strangers. So Kensington is making things easier with its ClickSafe Keyed Laptop Lock ($45). There’s a carbon-reinforced cord and a special lock to attach to your MacBook or MacBook Pro.
Rather than having to turn a key to lock up your machine each time, this set has a piece that stays in the Kensington lock slot found on the MacBook and MacBook Pro (yes, that’s the oval-shaped hole on the left or the right side). When it’s time to secure the machine, just pop the lock on the little nub that’s sticking out of the slot. And that’s it. Thankfully undoing the lock isn’t quite that easy—unless you have Kensington’s keys.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?