Kensington MicroSaver Ultrabook Laptop Keyed Lock
Hopefully, no one will try to steal your MacBook. But just in case it ever happens, you’ll want to be ready. Since MacBook Airs and Retina-equipped MacBooks don’t have lock-slots, Kensington has come up with a solution called the MicroSaver Ultrabook Laptop Keyed Lock ($50). You’ll have to blemish your laptop’s lid to use it, but for users in high-risk environments, that’s better than losing it altogether.
MicroSaver comes with what Kensington calls a K-slot adapter, a round attachment that fits on the top of your computer. This is then used to connect to the T-bar locking mechanism at the end up a six-foot long carbon-strengthened steel cable. While it’s not the absolute best solution we can think of, it works, and isn’t terribly unattractive. Also lind of cool: Kensington offers free online key registration, allowing you to get a replacement key if you ever lose yours.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015