Kensington MicroSaver Ultrabook Laptop Keyed Lock
Hopefully, no one will try to steal your MacBook. But just in case it ever happens, you’ll want to be ready. Since MacBook Airs and Retina-equipped MacBooks don’t have lock-slots, Kensington has come up with a solution called the MicroSaver Ultrabook Laptop Keyed Lock ($50). You’ll have to blemish your laptop’s lid to use it, but for users in high-risk environments, that’s better than losing it altogether.
MicroSaver comes with what Kensington calls a K-slot adapter, a round attachment that fits on the top of your computer. This is then used to connect to the T-bar locking mechanism at the end up a six-foot long carbon-strengthened steel cable. While it’s not the absolute best solution we can think of, it works, and isn’t terribly unattractive. Also lind of cool: Kensington offers free online key registration, allowing you to get a replacement key if you ever lose yours.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?