kyleconroy Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne
Apps like this demonstrate why the Internet is so fantastic. Just a few weeks after the fan-favorite TV show Community debuted a video game-inspired episode —you can check it out here—Reddit user kyleconroy and his team released Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne (Free). Built from the ground up on the love game engine, it’s a faithful recreation of the 8-bit game the study group plays in the episode. Cool. Cool cool cool.
The game is a work in progress, but what’s there is solid. You can play as any of the members of the study group or choose one of the extra characters thrown in for fun; the sprites are pixel-perfect. Explore the study room, defeat the hippies, and walk through the town. The game doesn’t let you enter any of the buildings yet; we’re hoping that’s coming in an update. For a fan-made title, it’s really well done and certainly worth the download.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?