kyleconroy Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne
Apps like this demonstrate why the Internet is so fantastic. Just a few weeks after the fan-favorite TV show Community debuted a video game-inspired episode —you can check it out here—Reddit user kyleconroy and his team released Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne (Free). Built from the ground up on the love game engine, it’s a faithful recreation of the 8-bit game the study group plays in the episode. Cool. Cool cool cool.
The game is a work in progress, but what’s there is solid. You can play as any of the members of the study group or choose one of the extra characters thrown in for fun; the sprites are pixel-perfect. Explore the study room, defeat the hippies, and walk through the town. The game doesn’t let you enter any of the buildings yet; we’re hoping that’s coming in an update. For a fan-made title, it’s really well done and certainly worth the download.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?