LaCie 2big NAS
LaCie clearly knows what it’s doing with hard drives, particularly when it comes to designing enclosures that appeal to Mac users. The newest addition to its lineup is a drive case called 2big NAS, which is available either as an empty enclosure for $299, or pre-filled with 6TB of storage for $649. It’s being positioned as a great solution for small businesses, with remote access over FTP, SFTP, or HTTP file transfer. You can pop in any two 3.5” drives, up to 3TB each, and it comes with support for RAID 1 mirroring.
The enclosure supports both Macs and PCs, with compatibility for Time Machine right out of the box. 2big NAS has one Ethernet port for connecting to your network, as well as one eSATA and one USB port for expanding the storage capabilities; if you’re just using the drive at home for media, it can serve as an iTunes server, too. Fans of LaCie’s industrial designs should be excited by this one, especially if some spare drives are just sitting around, ready to be tossed into something much more appealing and powerful.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards