LaCie 5big Thunderbolt Series Hard Drive
There are big hard drives, and then there’s LaCie’s 5big Thunderbolt Series Hard Drive ($1,199-$1,299). We’re talking huge in both capacity and size: 10 or 20 terabytes per unit, thanks to a 6.8” x 8.6” x 7.7” box packed with five drives. These drives are ready to hold, well, pretty much anything and everything you could throw at them.
LaCie has been one of the most ardent supporters of Thunderbolt, so it’s not surprising to see that these drives each have two ports, allowing you to daisy chain with other accessories. RAID 0, 1, and JBOD are supported, and you can hot swap drives. The combination of an aluminum housing, cooling fan, and jumbo heat exhausts keep it from overheating on your desk. And since LaCie’s the developer, it’s no shock that the drives look great, too.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?