LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2
If you’ve been waiting for an insanely fast solid state drive for use in RAW 4K or 3D video editing—and let’s be honest, who hasn’t?—LaCie’s Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 ($1,299) is ready to blaze through your files and wallet at the same time. Palm-sized, beautiful, and promising real-world 1,375MB/second transfer speeds, the drive contains dual RAID 0/1 PCIe SSDs, cooled by a larger but quieter fan than before, with a Mac Pro-matching aluminum enclosure for heat dissipation. While the 1-Terabyte peak capacity is unquestionably low for the price tag, LaCie bets that professional users with thin MacBook Pros will appreciate the size and speed while they’re on the go.
With average read speeds of 1,375MB/second and write speeds of 1,180MB/s, Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 is fast on its own; it also has two bi-directional Thunderbolt 2 ports and can daisy chain up to six devices on Intel’s 20Gb/second Thunderbolt 2 interface, with enough bandwidth to handle both 4K editing and a 4K display. Unlike some small Thunderbolt drives, it requires and includes an external power supply, as well as a stand to keep it upright on a desk. A Thunderbolt cable is thankfully in the box, as well.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?