LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt
Much like Apple, LaCie tends to find a design it likes, and then keeps reiterating it over the years, rather than completely reinventing its products every cycle. Take its Rugged portable hard drives. Last time we saw it updated, it was to the Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series name, but now, there’s Rugged Thunderbolt ($220-$500). It has the same metal body and bright orange rubber border, but there are a few extras built in this time.
The drive comes in four configurations. There are standard spinning hard drives in 1TB and 2TB sizes, or SSDs at 250GB and 500GB. Now though, instead of requiring a separate cable to be plugged in, the Thunderbolt cord is integrated into the drive. It fits into the protective border when not in use, and there’s a cap that protects it and the USB 3.0 port from the elements. A USB cable is included as well, although it’s not built into the drive.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today