LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series
LaCie’s new Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series is the kind of external hard drive we can get behind. We use the term “hard drive” loosely, though—while Rugged comes in a 1TB spinning disk configuration for $250, it’s also available with a 120GB SSD for $200 or 256GB SSD for $350. It pairs super-fast storage with super-fast transfer rates, supporting both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt.
The Neil Poulton-designed look is pretty similar to what we’ve seen from LaCie’s Rugged line over the past few years: the core is an aluminum shell, protected all the way around the edges by a shock-resistant rubber sleeve. Pair these features with an SSD and you can pretty much eliminate any risk of damaging the drive from drops or bumps. Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series is bus-powered, and thankfully LaCie includes cables for both standards in the box, unlike most Thunderbolt drives.
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?