LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series
LaCie’s new Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series is the kind of external hard drive we can get behind. We use the term “hard drive” loosely, though—while Rugged comes in a 1TB spinning disk configuration for $250, it’s also available with a 120GB SSD for $200 or 256GB SSD for $350. It pairs super-fast storage with super-fast transfer rates, supporting both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt.
The Neil Poulton-designed look is pretty similar to what we’ve seen from LaCie’s Rugged line over the past few years: the core is an aluminum shell, protected all the way around the edges by a shock-resistant rubber sleeve. Pair these features with an SSD and you can pretty much eliminate any risk of damaging the drive from drops or bumps. Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series is bus-powered, and thankfully LaCie includes cables for both standards in the box, unlike most Thunderbolt drives.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Apple planning Touch ID Apple TV remote?
- Report: Integrated Apple Watch charging coming to third-party accessories
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2015 earnings call
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?