Lion Beat: Dress Like Steve Jobs
You know every Apple product by name. There’s a little stage in your basement for reenacting Stevenotes. So it’s only natural that you’d want to dress like your favorite Apple executive, too. Of course, there’s more to Apple than just one guy with black turtlenecks and Levi’s jeans—all the big names at Apple now have signature looks. In Lion Beat, we’re going to look at a bunch of them. But before we move on to the dreamy Scott Forstall, rugged Eddy Cue, or men-about-town like Bob Mansfield and Phil Schiller, we’re starting with the company’s most iconic dresser: Steve Jobs.
For a shirt, start with St. Croix’s Cotton & Microfiber Classic Long Sleeve Mock ($175) in black, which offers the soft, moisture-wicking fabric you’ll need to avoid getting sweaty on stage. For pants, go with Levi’s 501s in Ghost Selvedge ($128) or Aged Perfect ($60) colors. Shoes are a challenge. The closest you’ll get to his most oft-spotted sneakers these days is the New Balance 993 in gray ($145); they’re the latest version in a family of 99x-series shoes he’s preferred for years. Most recently, he sported a pair of matte black shoes that looked to be either sport shoes or moccasins. The New Balance MW1755 ($90) isn’t it, but it’s in the right general direction. Steve’s glasses are from a German company called Lunor; the frames are the Ideal I 380 ($595). Finally, there’s the belt: Jobs wasn’t known to wear one at most of his keynotes, but did so at WWDC 2010 and the iPad 2 unveiling in March. We hunted for a spot-on match but couldn’t find one; this Levi’s Bridle Harness Belt ($40) somewhat suggests the style of buckle.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today