Lion Beat: Dress Like Steve Jobs
You know every Apple product by name. There’s a little stage in your basement for reenacting Stevenotes. So it’s only natural that you’d want to dress like your favorite Apple executive, too. Of course, there’s more to Apple than just one guy with black turtlenecks and Levi’s jeans—all the big names at Apple now have signature looks. In Lion Beat, we’re going to look at a bunch of them. But before we move on to the dreamy Scott Forstall, rugged Eddy Cue, or men-about-town like Bob Mansfield and Phil Schiller, we’re starting with the company’s most iconic dresser: Steve Jobs.
For a shirt, start with St. Croix’s Cotton & Microfiber Classic Long Sleeve Mock ($175) in black, which offers the soft, moisture-wicking fabric you’ll need to avoid getting sweaty on stage. For pants, go with Levi’s 501s in Ghost Selvedge ($128) or Aged Perfect ($60) colors. Shoes are a challenge. The closest you’ll get to his most oft-spotted sneakers these days is the New Balance 993 in gray ($145); they’re the latest version in a family of 99x-series shoes he’s preferred for years. Most recently, he sported a pair of matte black shoes that looked to be either sport shoes or moccasins. The New Balance MW1755 ($90) isn’t it, but it’s in the right general direction. Steve’s glasses are from a German company called Lunor; the frames are the Ideal I 380 ($595). Finally, there’s the belt: Jobs wasn’t known to wear one at most of his keynotes, but did so at WWDC 2010 and the iPad 2 unveiling in March. We hunted for a spot-on match but couldn’t find one; this Levi’s Bridle Harness Belt ($40) somewhat suggests the style of buckle.
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?