Lion Beat: Dress Like Steve Jobs
You know every Apple product by name. There’s a little stage in your basement for reenacting Stevenotes. So it’s only natural that you’d want to dress like your favorite Apple executive, too. Of course, there’s more to Apple than just one guy with black turtlenecks and Levi’s jeans—all the big names at Apple now have signature looks. In Lion Beat, we’re going to look at a bunch of them. But before we move on to the dreamy Scott Forstall, rugged Eddy Cue, or men-about-town like Bob Mansfield and Phil Schiller, we’re starting with the company’s most iconic dresser: Steve Jobs.
For a shirt, start with St. Croix’s Cotton & Microfiber Classic Long Sleeve Mock ($175) in black, which offers the soft, moisture-wicking fabric you’ll need to avoid getting sweaty on stage. For pants, go with Levi’s 501s in Ghost Selvedge ($128) or Aged Perfect ($60) colors. Shoes are a challenge. The closest you’ll get to his most oft-spotted sneakers these days is the New Balance 993 in gray ($145); they’re the latest version in a family of 99x-series shoes he’s preferred for years. Most recently, he sported a pair of matte black shoes that looked to be either sport shoes or moccasins. The New Balance MW1755 ($90) isn’t it, but it’s in the right general direction. Steve’s glasses are from a German company called Lunor; the frames are the Ideal I 380 ($595). Finally, there’s the belt: Jobs wasn’t known to wear one at most of his keynotes, but did so at WWDC 2010 and the iPad 2 unveiling in March. We hunted for a spot-on match but couldn’t find one; this Levi’s Bridle Harness Belt ($40) somewhat suggests the style of buckle.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?