Lion Beat: Dress Like Steve Jobs
You know every Apple product by name. There’s a little stage in your basement for reenacting Stevenotes. So it’s only natural that you’d want to dress like your favorite Apple executive, too. Of course, there’s more to Apple than just one guy with black turtlenecks and Levi’s jeans—all the big names at Apple now have signature looks. In Lion Beat, we’re going to look at a bunch of them. But before we move on to the dreamy Scott Forstall, rugged Eddy Cue, or men-about-town like Bob Mansfield and Phil Schiller, we’re starting with the company’s most iconic dresser: Steve Jobs.
For a shirt, start with St. Croix’s Cotton & Microfiber Classic Long Sleeve Mock ($175) in black, which offers the soft, moisture-wicking fabric you’ll need to avoid getting sweaty on stage. For pants, go with Levi’s 501s in Ghost Selvedge ($128) or Aged Perfect ($60) colors. Shoes are a challenge. The closest you’ll get to his most oft-spotted sneakers these days is the New Balance 993 in gray ($145); they’re the latest version in a family of 99x-series shoes he’s preferred for years. Most recently, he sported a pair of matte black shoes that looked to be either sport shoes or moccasins. The New Balance MW1755 ($90) isn’t it, but it’s in the right general direction. Steve’s glasses are from a German company called Lunor; the frames are the Ideal I 380 ($595). Finally, there’s the belt: Jobs wasn’t known to wear one at most of his keynotes, but did so at WWDC 2010 and the iPad 2 unveiling in March. We hunted for a spot-on match but couldn’t find one; this Levi’s Bridle Harness Belt ($40) somewhat suggests the style of buckle.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015