Logic Consulting Drone Station
Before Parrot released AR.Drone in 2010, it gave third-party developers access to software tools so they could create their own games, camera apps, and other tools for the toy. Thus far, AR.Drone apps have only appeared for iOS and Android devices, but now the first one has launched for the Mac. Logic Consulting’s Drone Station ($13) expands not only the ways you can control the flyer, but also gives you video recording and other tools directly from on your computer.
The number of controllers the app supports is pretty impressive. You use your Mac’s keyboard and mouse, but you also have the option of a wired USB Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 controller, Logitech’s Extreme 3D Pro joystick, a Dual Action Gamepad, Thrustmaster’s T-Flight Hotas X, or Wii Motion Controllers with the Nunchuk and/or Balance Board. You can capture stills and video from both of the Drone’s cameras, and there’s even a simulator so that you can practice your controls before flight. If you want to extend the Wi-Fi range of your Mac, the developer notes that you can do that with Drone Station in a way that you can’t with pocket devices. The price strikes us as a little high relative to the iOS apps we’ve tested, but if you’ve already invested in the quadricopter, you may find the added control options to be worth the expenditure.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?