Logic Consulting Drone Station
Before Parrot released AR.Drone in 2010, it gave third-party developers access to software tools so they could create their own games, camera apps, and other tools for the toy. Thus far, AR.Drone apps have only appeared for iOS and Android devices, but now the first one has launched for the Mac. Logic Consulting’s Drone Station ($13) expands not only the ways you can control the flyer, but also gives you video recording and other tools directly from on your computer.
The number of controllers the app supports is pretty impressive. You use your Mac’s keyboard and mouse, but you also have the option of a wired USB Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 controller, Logitech’s Extreme 3D Pro joystick, a Dual Action Gamepad, Thrustmaster’s T-Flight Hotas X, or Wii Motion Controllers with the Nunchuk and/or Balance Board. You can capture stills and video from both of the Drone’s cameras, and there’s even a simulator so that you can practice your controls before flight. If you want to extend the Wi-Fi range of your Mac, the developer notes that you can do that with Drone Station in a way that you can’t with pocket devices. The price strikes us as a little high relative to the iOS apps we’ve tested, but if you’ve already invested in the quadricopter, you may find the added control options to be worth the expenditure.
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?