Logitech Broadcaster Wi-Fi Webcam
After photos leaked out without specific details, Logitech’s new Broadcaster Wi-Fi Webcam ($199) is now actually available for pre-order. While at first glance it looks like just another webcam, this Apple-centric unit is different from the pack: it connects to your Mac wirelessly over Wi-Fi, allowing you to move away from the traditional view of the camera at the top of the display, and packing in other cool features as well.
Broadcaster works with any major video app on your Mac: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, FaceTime, Messages, Skype, and more. It can be used to either stream video for chats or record video, with either coming over in 720p. Pair it with your Mac’s FaceTime camera and you can record in dual-camera mode so that you can edit together multiple angles. Even the carrying case is clever: the hard plastic tube doubles as a stand, with a magnetic base on the lid connecting to the bottom of the camera and allowing you to easily adjust it to a wide number of positions.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?