The Multi-Touch trackpad that Apple features on its notebooks and as a standalone tool in the form of the Magic Trackpad is definitely our favorite Mac input method, but a mouse can still come in handy. If carrying a full-sized mouse in your bag seems like too much, there are smaller options, and if you need an accessory for business presentations, Logitech’s Cube ($70) might be just what you’re looking for.
While the ergonomics of Cube may be questionable—we’re not anticipating doing a full day’s worth of work with such a boxy mouse—for short stints of pointing and clicking, the size and functionality is appealing. A touch-sensitive surface along the top allows for up and down scrolling, much like the Magic Mouse. And Cube can even convert into a presentation tool simply by lifting off your desk or table. It’s powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, and uses Logitech’s proprietary low-power wireless dongle for extended run times. Niche, yes, but also surprisingly nice-looking.
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?