The Multi-Touch trackpad that Apple features on its notebooks and as a standalone tool in the form of the Magic Trackpad is definitely our favorite Mac input method, but a mouse can still come in handy. If carrying a full-sized mouse in your bag seems like too much, there are smaller options, and if you need an accessory for business presentations, Logitech’s Cube ($70) might be just what you’re looking for.
While the ergonomics of Cube may be questionable—we’re not anticipating doing a full day’s worth of work with such a boxy mouse—for short stints of pointing and clicking, the size and functionality is appealing. A touch-sensitive surface along the top allows for up and down scrolling, much like the Magic Mouse. And Cube can even convert into a presentation tool simply by lifting off your desk or table. It’s powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, and uses Logitech’s proprietary low-power wireless dongle for extended run times. Niche, yes, but also surprisingly nice-looking.
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?