The Multi-Touch trackpad that Apple features on its notebooks and as a standalone tool in the form of the Magic Trackpad is definitely our favorite Mac input method, but a mouse can still come in handy. If carrying a full-sized mouse in your bag seems like too much, there are smaller options, and if you need an accessory for business presentations, Logitech’s Cube ($70) might be just what you’re looking for.
While the ergonomics of Cube may be questionable—we’re not anticipating doing a full day’s worth of work with such a boxy mouse—for short stints of pointing and clicking, the size and functionality is appealing. A touch-sensitive surface along the top allows for up and down scrolling, much like the Magic Mouse. And Cube can even convert into a presentation tool simply by lifting off your desk or table. It’s powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, and uses Logitech’s proprietary low-power wireless dongle for extended run times. Niche, yes, but also surprisingly nice-looking.
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today