The Multi-Touch trackpad that Apple features on its notebooks and as a standalone tool in the form of the Magic Trackpad is definitely our favorite Mac input method, but a mouse can still come in handy. If carrying a full-sized mouse in your bag seems like too much, there are smaller options, and if you need an accessory for business presentations, Logitech’s Cube ($70) might be just what you’re looking for.
While the ergonomics of Cube may be questionable—we’re not anticipating doing a full day’s worth of work with such a boxy mouse—for short stints of pointing and clicking, the size and functionality is appealing. A touch-sensitive surface along the top allows for up and down scrolling, much like the Magic Mouse. And Cube can even convert into a presentation tool simply by lifting off your desk or table. It’s powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, and uses Logitech’s proprietary low-power wireless dongle for extended run times. Niche, yes, but also surprisingly nice-looking.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?