Luma Labs The Loop V2
When we first saw Luma Labs’ The Loop, we balked at the very idea of coughing up $70 for a glorified camera strap. We thought it couldn’t possibly be worth the price. But over time, the weight of a 5D Mark II and a 70-200 lens added up, so we sought relief from neck strain—by then, Luma had introduced The Loop V2. Now we’re hooked, and would never go back to an old-fashioned neck strap again. The Loop V2 redistributes your camera’s weight across your shoulder, chest and back, holding it at your hip like a gunslinger. When you want to take a shot, the camera slides up the band towards your chest, sliding back to your side to rest between photos.
Quality materials make The Loop V2 feel almost entirely worthy of the asking price. The strap is made primarily from thick but soft nylon, with a metal length adjuster and matching D-rings. Only a release buckle is made from plastic, and even so, it’s serious, durable stuff. Thick leather and neoprene are stitched together to pad the Luma Loop at your shoulder, and a heavy-duty steel bolt and ball bearing system is used to attach and detach your camera from the strap as necessary. Luma coats the bolt with rubber rings to avoid scratching your camera, and the spring-loaded locking mechanism is awesomely sturdy. We were concerned before we made the purchase. Not any more. After months of shooting with The Loop V2, we’d recommend it unconditionally—assuming you can find it, as Luma seems to have problems keeping it in stock. Once you try one, you’ll understand why.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0