Luma Labs The Loop V2
When we first saw Luma Labs’ The Loop, we balked at the very idea of coughing up $70 for a glorified camera strap. We thought it couldn’t possibly be worth the price. But over time, the weight of a 5D Mark II and a 70-200 lens added up, so we sought relief from neck strain—by then, Luma had introduced The Loop V2. Now we’re hooked, and would never go back to an old-fashioned neck strap again. The Loop V2 redistributes your camera’s weight across your shoulder, chest and back, holding it at your hip like a gunslinger. When you want to take a shot, the camera slides up the band towards your chest, sliding back to your side to rest between photos.
Quality materials make The Loop V2 feel almost entirely worthy of the asking price. The strap is made primarily from thick but soft nylon, with a metal length adjuster and matching D-rings. Only a release buckle is made from plastic, and even so, it’s serious, durable stuff. Thick leather and neoprene are stitched together to pad the Luma Loop at your shoulder, and a heavy-duty steel bolt and ball bearing system is used to attach and detach your camera from the strap as necessary. Luma coats the bolt with rubber rings to avoid scratching your camera, and the spring-loaded locking mechanism is awesomely sturdy. We were concerned before we made the purchase. Not any more. After months of shooting with The Loop V2, we’d recommend it unconditionally—assuming you can find it, as Luma seems to have problems keeping it in stock. Once you try one, you’ll understand why.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015