Luxa2 MacBook Screen Protectors
The options Apple provides for upgrading MacBooks to anti-glare displays have remained limited since it switched all of its computers to glossy screens several years ago. Today, anti-glare displays are only available as customization options on the 15” and 17” MacBook Pros, and the former comes at a $150 premium—MacBook Air and 13” MacBook Pro users are totally out of luck. Thankfully there are aftermarket anti-glare solutions, including some from Luxa2: AR1 ($25) for the 13” MacBook Pro and AR2 ($27) for the 15” model are inexpensive ways to protect and reduce glare on your screen. Coming soon are MacBook Air versions called AR3 and the hard coated transparent HC3, previewed at this year’s CES show.
Luxa2’s user-friendly installation process promises to prevent bubbles from forming, and the company claims that the PET material used for the film maintains image quality, color contrast, and clarity, all while getting rid of the glare. While we’ve seen similar-looking film options from companies such as Moshi and Power Support in the past, Luxa2’s options are more affordable; hopefully we’ll have a chance to directly compare their quality against rivals in the very near future.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?