If you’re using your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro for anything processor-intensive—Photoshop, iMovie, or even Final Cut Pro X—you’ve probably heard a fan spin up and felt the machine get hotter. Macally has a new multifaceted solution to help reduce overheating: Ecopadpro ($40). Made from bamboo as an environmentally-friendly accessory, it’s a stand, a fan, and a peripheral tray with nice wood styling.
Ecopadpro can be used in two orientations. In the first setup, it’s a pad that raises your computer up a bit, and a segment can be pulled out to be used as a surface for your mouse. When you flip it around, it turns into an angled stand with five different heights. Right in the center is a USB-powered fan to draw away some of the heat. If you’re in need of a cooling pad, or just want to bring a little wood into your Mac setup to balance out the glass and metal, Ecopadpro offers a neat solution.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?