If you’re using your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro for anything processor-intensive—Photoshop, iMovie, or even Final Cut Pro X—you’ve probably heard a fan spin up and felt the machine get hotter. Macally has a new multifaceted solution to help reduce overheating: Ecopadpro ($40). Made from bamboo as an environmentally-friendly accessory, it’s a stand, a fan, and a peripheral tray with nice wood styling.
Ecopadpro can be used in two orientations. In the first setup, it’s a pad that raises your computer up a bit, and a segment can be pulled out to be used as a surface for your mouse. When you flip it around, it turns into an angled stand with five different heights. Right in the center is a USB-powered fan to draw away some of the heat. If you’re in need of a cooling pad, or just want to bring a little wood into your Mac setup to balance out the glass and metal, Ecopadpro offers a neat solution.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?