Maclocks iMac Cable Lock + RAM Security Plate
At home, the idea of locking down your Mac—especially a large, heavy iMac—doesn’t really make sense, but in education and business environments, this may be an important consideration. Not surprisingly, Maclocks has a solution for Apple’s desktop machines with its iMac Cable Lock ($40+). A six-foot long steel cable can be wrapped around your desk or table, and then the lock gets snapped into the slot beneath the power port; two keys are included to unlock it. Even more interesting is the optional $10 RAM Security Plate—a solution to a little-discussed problem.
While many people—including us—would question whether anyone is actually going to steal RAM from an iMac, the latest model has made that pretty easy. Maclocks’ new security plate locks the power plug in place, making the button that pops open the RAM door on the 27” iMac inaccessible. It’s obviously not necessary for everyone, but under some circumstances, this complete solution could make sense.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?