Maclocks iMac Cable Lock + RAM Security Plate
At home, the idea of locking down your Mac—especially a large, heavy iMac—doesn’t really make sense, but in education and business environments, this may be an important consideration. Not surprisingly, Maclocks has a solution for Apple’s desktop machines with its iMac Cable Lock ($40+). A six-foot long steel cable can be wrapped around your desk or table, and then the lock gets snapped into the slot beneath the power port; two keys are included to unlock it. Even more interesting is the optional $10 RAM Security Plate—a solution to a little-discussed problem.
While many people—including us—would question whether anyone is actually going to steal RAM from an iMac, the latest model has made that pretty easy. Maclocks’ new security plate locks the power plug in place, making the button that pops open the RAM door on the 27” iMac inaccessible. It’s obviously not necessary for everyone, but under some circumstances, this complete solution could make sense.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?