Maclocks iMac Cable Lock + RAM Security Plate
At home, the idea of locking down your Mac—especially a large, heavy iMac—doesn’t really make sense, but in education and business environments, this may be an important consideration. Not surprisingly, Maclocks has a solution for Apple’s desktop machines with its iMac Cable Lock ($40+). A six-foot long steel cable can be wrapped around your desk or table, and then the lock gets snapped into the slot beneath the power port; two keys are included to unlock it. Even more interesting is the optional $10 RAM Security Plate—a solution to a little-discussed problem.
While many people—including us—would question whether anyone is actually going to steal RAM from an iMac, the latest model has made that pretty easy. Maclocks’ new security plate locks the power plug in place, making the button that pops open the RAM door on the 27” iMac inaccessible. It’s obviously not necessary for everyone, but under some circumstances, this complete solution could make sense.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?