Maclocks Mac Pro Lock Security Bracket with Security Cable Lock
Unlike its giant and hard to steal predecessors, the new Mac Pro is… portable enough to make a purchaser worry about leaving one out in the open. So it wasn’t much of a surprise when we came across Maclocks’ new Mac Pro Lock Security Bracket with Security Cable Lock ($126*). The company known for securing Macs and iPads of all kinds is back at it again, this time prepared to lockdown Apple’s newest and most expensive machine.
Since there’s no lock slot, Maclocks made its own way to hook up the lock. The metal bracket fits underneath the Mac Pro’s removable lid, and sits around the power cable, with an extended segment for connecting the lock itself. Wrap the cable around a table or other solid surface, lock it all up, and the machine is secure. The official list price on this unit has fluctuated three times in the past hour alone, but it’s been marked down to $80 on all three occasions.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?