Maclocks Mac Pro Lock Security Bracket with Security Cable Lock
Unlike its giant and hard to steal predecessors, the new Mac Pro is… portable enough to make a purchaser worry about leaving one out in the open. So it wasn’t much of a surprise when we came across Maclocks’ new Mac Pro Lock Security Bracket with Security Cable Lock ($126*). The company known for securing Macs and iPads of all kinds is back at it again, this time prepared to lockdown Apple’s newest and most expensive machine.
Since there’s no lock slot, Maclocks made its own way to hook up the lock. The metal bracket fits underneath the Mac Pro’s removable lid, and sits around the power cable, with an extended segment for connecting the lock itself. Wrap the cable around a table or other solid surface, lock it all up, and the machine is secure. The official list price on this unit has fluctuated three times in the past hour alone, but it’s been marked down to $80 on all three occasions.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?