Maclocks.com MacBook Air Lock
We’ve been looking for a way to secure the latest MacBook Airs for a while; the big issue has been the lack of a lock slot. At one point, it seemed that Griffin’s TechSafe Cable Lock System would do the trick, but that wound up not working out as it should have. Thankfully, we’ve finally found a way to secure the Air with Maclocks.com’s MacBook Air Lock ($40-$60). It definitely takes a different approach than any security systems we’ve seen before—one that some users will be more comfortable with than others—but appears to do the trick.
Since the Air doesn’t have a tethering point, MacBook Air Lock adds one via a plastic case. You can snap it on like a standard shell, although to secure the machine completely you actually remove some screws from the machine, put the bottom half of the case in place, and replace the screws with longer ones that are included in the bundle. The slot sticks out from the top right corner, and it works with any standard cable lock. Maclocks.com sells the cases by themselves, but also in bundles with either key or combination locks. They’re available for both the 11” and 13” models.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?