Maclocks.com MacBook Pro with Retina Display Lock and Security Case Bundle
Maclocks.com has moved nimbly to meet the security needs of new Mac buyers, previously coming up with a locking solution for the lock slot-less MacBook Air—a tethering point on a case that connects to the computer with screws. Presented with the same lock slot-less challenge for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display, Maclocks.com has released a similar solution: the MacBook Pro with Retina Display Lock and Security Case Bundle ($80).
The company doesn’t make it clear just how the case connects to the computer, but it’s likely similar to the way it works for the Air. Remove the screws from the bottom of the case, put the clear plastic cover in place, and attach it with longer screws that are included in the package. This bundle includes a six foot security cable that snaps into the mount in the back right corner behind the USB port. It may not be the prettiest solution, but Retina Macs are hot commodities right now, so locking one up when it’s in public certainly isn’t a bad idea.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015