Maclocks.com MacBook Pro with Retina Display Lock and Security Case Bundle
Maclocks.com has moved nimbly to meet the security needs of new Mac buyers, previously coming up with a locking solution for the lock slot-less MacBook Air—a tethering point on a case that connects to the computer with screws. Presented with the same lock slot-less challenge for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display, Maclocks.com has released a similar solution: the MacBook Pro with Retina Display Lock and Security Case Bundle ($80).
The company doesn’t make it clear just how the case connects to the computer, but it’s likely similar to the way it works for the Air. Remove the screws from the bottom of the case, put the clear plastic cover in place, and attach it with longer screws that are included in the package. This bundle includes a six foot security cable that snaps into the mount in the back right corner behind the USB port. It may not be the prettiest solution, but Retina Macs are hot commodities right now, so locking one up when it’s in public certainly isn’t a bad idea.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?