Mactaris Sight Control
Sight Control ($5) is the first app from Mactaris, and it’s a really cool idea: the app automatically identifies the camera built-in to your Mac, whether it’s an older iSight or more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD camera, and then gives you total control over its output. You can adjust a number of settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature until the picture is just how you want it. From there, almost any of your photo or video apps such as iChat/Messages, FaceTime, and Skype will reflect the changes.
We like Sight Control because it’s not applying filters after you’ve taken pictures or video; moving the sliders back and forth results in real-time, immediate changes. If you ever want to get back to the settings you’re used to, simply hit the “Result to Default” button and it’s all reset. This app could be particularly handy for MacBook Air users, as Apple’s thinnest laptop has a pretty weak camera, and being able to tweak its settings could mean the difference between merely an acceptable picture and a truly good one.
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?