Magic Connector Magic Trackpad Base
Apple’s Magic Trackpad is the pointing mechanism of choice for our editors’ desktop machines, and the Multi-Touch glass and aluminum accessory can be useful away from the desk too: it’s perfect for controlling home theater machines such as a Mac mini hooked up to your TV. But unless you have a hard surface to set it down on, you’ll lose the ability to physically click with its buttons. A solution has arrived in Magic Connector’s new Magic Trackpad Base ($20).
Although it looks like a simple slab of aluminum, Magic Trackpad Base is actually pretty ingenious. All you have to do it set your Magic Trackpad on it, and the two magnetically connect—making it easy to separate them when you need to. The Base provides a surface that interacts with the Magic Trackpad’s bottom corner-mounted buttons. Once they’re together, you have the hard surface you need for all of your left- and right-clicking adventures, wherever they may be.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?