Magic Connector Magic Trackpad Base
Apple’s Magic Trackpad is the pointing mechanism of choice for our editors’ desktop machines, and the Multi-Touch glass and aluminum accessory can be useful away from the desk too: it’s perfect for controlling home theater machines such as a Mac mini hooked up to your TV. But unless you have a hard surface to set it down on, you’ll lose the ability to physically click with its buttons. A solution has arrived in Magic Connector’s new Magic Trackpad Base ($20).
Although it looks like a simple slab of aluminum, Magic Trackpad Base is actually pretty ingenious. All you have to do it set your Magic Trackpad on it, and the two magnetically connect—making it easy to separate them when you need to. The Base provides a surface that interacts with the Magic Trackpad’s bottom corner-mounted buttons. Once they’re together, you have the hard surface you need for all of your left- and right-clicking adventures, wherever they may be.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?