Man Up Time Pathways Into Darkness
If you’re relatively new to the Mac world, you may not be familiar with 1993’s Pathways Into Darkness (Free). The first person shooter, from Bungie Software—yes, the Bungie behind Halo—was groundbreaking for its time. Now, 20 years later, Man Up Time has faithfully reproduced the title and made it available at no cost in the Mac App Store. It’s a faithful recreation, and should be fun for both those who remember the game, and those who’ve never heard of it.
You play as a character trying to prevent a sleeping god from waking. After surviving an almost-disastrous jump from a plane, you awaken with only a knife and a flashlight, and have to battle through hordes of aliens to escape. The game is spread out over four windows: there’s the main window, with all the graphics, as well as one for messages, another for your inventory, and the last with your stats. It’s a fun throwback, and for many, it will be a great piece of nostalgia.
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?