Man Up Time Pathways Into Darkness
If you’re relatively new to the Mac world, you may not be familiar with 1993’s Pathways Into Darkness (Free). The first person shooter, from Bungie Software—yes, the Bungie behind Halo—was groundbreaking for its time. Now, 20 years later, Man Up Time has faithfully reproduced the title and made it available at no cost in the Mac App Store. It’s a faithful recreation, and should be fun for both those who remember the game, and those who’ve never heard of it.
You play as a character trying to prevent a sleeping god from waking. After surviving an almost-disastrous jump from a plane, you awaken with only a knife and a flashlight, and have to battle through hordes of aliens to escape. The game is spread out over four windows: there’s the main window, with all the graphics, as well as one for messages, another for your inventory, and the last with your stats. It’s a fun throwback, and for many, it will be a great piece of nostalgia.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?