Many Tricks Moom
Chances are your Mac’s virtual desktop is as messy as the physical desk it’s sitting on. Sure, OS X Lion is going to push users towards full-screen apps, and blending Dashboard, Exposé, and Spaces into Mission Control when it launches in July—a great way to move between windows. But Lion isn’t made for working with a bunch of them at once. That’s where Many Tricks’ Moom ($5) comes in. With one or two clicks, you can automatically resize, move, and snap windows together, shortcuts that let you quickly reference two or four apps at a time for simultaneous use.
There are several levels of control, but the most basic is dead simple. Just hover your mouse over the Moom-redefined green resize button in any app window, and you’ll get the option to anchor the window to different positions and sizes. It’s perfect for seeing multiple windows at once without having to resize them; imagine placing Mail and Safari side by side with just two clicks. Within seconds, you can redefine your desktop to include two, four, or more windows in different places, ideal for large displays. There’s a free trial version that lets you enjoy 100 uses of the features; you can then upgrade to the full version for unlimited use.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today