Master Lock dialSpeed 1500eDBX Electronic Combination Lock
While the rest of the world is evolving rapidly, padlocks haven’t changed much in decades. Thankfully, Master Lock has found a cool way to incorporate modern technology within a classic shell: its dialSpeed 1500eDBX ($25) is a unique digital combination lock—and a cool way to confound thieves familiar with traditional lock-picking techniques. Gone are the days of turning right, left, and then right again: dialSpeed instead relies on a code of your choosing, set with a four-way directional pad on its face; if you forget the combination and need access to the lock, you can use your Mac to retrieve a code to open it.
dialSpeed comes with a user-replaceble five-year battery, and can hold three guest codes in addition to the primary one. If you ever forget the combination, just point your Mac’s browser to Master Lock’s website and you can pull up the Backup Master Code, or multiple codes stored within the company’s online Vault service. The electronics inside are paired with a boron carbide shackle for additional physical security. We’d feel quite comfortable securing an office or locker with this lock.
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?