Master Lock dialSpeed 1500eDBX Electronic Combination Lock
While the rest of the world is evolving rapidly, padlocks haven’t changed much in decades. Thankfully, Master Lock has found a cool way to incorporate modern technology within a classic shell: its dialSpeed 1500eDBX ($25) is a unique digital combination lock—and a cool way to confound thieves familiar with traditional lock-picking techniques. Gone are the days of turning right, left, and then right again: dialSpeed instead relies on a code of your choosing, set with a four-way directional pad on its face; if you forget the combination and need access to the lock, you can use your Mac to retrieve a code to open it.
dialSpeed comes with a user-replaceble five-year battery, and can hold three guest codes in addition to the primary one. If you ever forget the combination, just point your Mac’s browser to Master Lock’s website and you can pull up the Backup Master Code, or multiple codes stored within the company’s online Vault service. The electronics inside are paired with a boron carbide shackle for additional physical security. We’d feel quite comfortable securing an office or locker with this lock.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?