Matrox DS1 Thunderbolt Docking Station
Still waiting for the Thunderbolt Express Dock to make it to market? Now that Bekin’s pushed it back to September, the company needs to watch out: Matrox is gunning for it with the release of its DS1 Thunderbolt Docking Station ($249), which is due at the same time and will be available for $50 less. While it doesn’t offer the exact same array of ports, MacBook users looking to expand the I/O options on their computers should take note.
DS1 has a pretty simple setup: on the front is a single Thunderbolt port—sadly, you have to provide your own cable to connect to your Mac. Turn it around to find DVI, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, audio-out, and audio-in ports, as well as a power connector. If you have an old Cinema Display and a MacBook Air, or another combination of recent Mac and prior-generation monitor, this could end up being just the thing you need.
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?