Matrox DS1 Thunderbolt Docking Station
Still waiting for the Thunderbolt Express Dock to make it to market? Now that Bekin’s pushed it back to September, the company needs to watch out: Matrox is gunning for it with the release of its DS1 Thunderbolt Docking Station ($249), which is due at the same time and will be available for $50 less. While it doesn’t offer the exact same array of ports, MacBook users looking to expand the I/O options on their computers should take note.
DS1 has a pretty simple setup: on the front is a single Thunderbolt port—sadly, you have to provide your own cable to connect to your Mac. Turn it around to find DVI, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, audio-out, and audio-in ports, as well as a power connector. If you have an old Cinema Display and a MacBook Air, or another combination of recent Mac and prior-generation monitor, this could end up being just the thing you need.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today