mLogic mBack (2013)
First announced nearly two years ago, mLogic’s original mBack never actually made it to market. Based on feedback, the company decided to redesign the mountable hard drive to support 2.5” platters. Now, mBack ($100-$260) is a real, shipping product that you can get your hands on. The concept is the same, but some real improvements have been made.
mBack’s key attribute is its ability to mount on the back of late-2009 and newer iMacs and Apple displays, fitting into the round hole found on the back of their legs. It comes in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities, with all three featuring USB 3.0 speed and power. It’s an especially smart choice for those who prefer uncluttered desks.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?