mLogic mBack (2013)
First announced nearly two years ago, mLogic’s original mBack never actually made it to market. Based on feedback, the company decided to redesign the mountable hard drive to support 2.5” platters. Now, mBack ($100-$260) is a real, shipping product that you can get your hands on. The concept is the same, but some real improvements have been made.
mBack’s key attribute is its ability to mount on the back of late-2009 and newer iMacs and Apple displays, fitting into the round hole found on the back of their legs. It comes in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities, with all three featuring USB 3.0 speed and power. It’s an especially smart choice for those who prefer uncluttered desks.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?