Mobee Technology The Magic Numpad
Is it just a matter of time until Apple releases a Multi-Touch keyboard for the Mac? Mobee Technology’s not waiting for that to happen: the maker of The Magic Bar and The Magic Charger has announced The Magic Numpad ($30), which isn’t a standalone accessory; instead, you get a set of stickers and a custom app that transforms a Magic Trackpad into a wireless number pad. Mobee’s idea is to offer double the functionality without having to add another piece of hardware to your desk. Updated October 19, 2011 with new pictures and hands-on impressions!
The set includes three different layouts. There’s a full numeric keypad that takes up the whole face of the Magic Trackpad, one that leaves a tactile area for maneuvering, and a third that includes customizable keys—you write your own commands in with the included permanent marker. The films are made to be bubble-proof and reusable, with an anti-glare finish. If you’ve been relying on Apple’s number pad-less Wireless Keyboards, you’ll understand why this might make sense for some users. Update: We’ve had a chance to play around with The Magic Numpad, and so far, we like what we see. The stickers are easy to apply, and peel off if necessary. Included in the box is a plastic card with a scratch-off area that reveals your serial number for the free app. Once you’ve installed it, you can adjust the settings to match which of the three layouts you’re using, including the functions of the custom keys. The virtual keys provide a clicky, typewriter-style sound when they’re pressed, letting you know that they’re on; of course this can be turned off in the settings. Also included in the package are a polishing cloth, an bubble-removing applicator card, and a pen to mark the blank, customizable keys on the 30-key sticker. Overall, The Magic Numpad is living up to expectations, and seems like it’ll be a very good solution for those who do a lot of data entry.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iBattz Refuel Invictus for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?