Mobee Technology The Magic Numpad
Is it just a matter of time until Apple releases a Multi-Touch keyboard for the Mac? Mobee Technology’s not waiting for that to happen: the maker of The Magic Bar and The Magic Charger has announced The Magic Numpad ($30), which isn’t a standalone accessory; instead, you get a set of stickers and a custom app that transforms a Magic Trackpad into a wireless number pad. Mobee’s idea is to offer double the functionality without having to add another piece of hardware to your desk. Updated October 19, 2011 with new pictures and hands-on impressions!
The set includes three different layouts. There’s a full numeric keypad that takes up the whole face of the Magic Trackpad, one that leaves a tactile area for maneuvering, and a third that includes customizable keys—you write your own commands in with the included permanent marker. The films are made to be bubble-proof and reusable, with an anti-glare finish. If you’ve been relying on Apple’s number pad-less Wireless Keyboards, you’ll understand why this might make sense for some users. Update: We’ve had a chance to play around with The Magic Numpad, and so far, we like what we see. The stickers are easy to apply, and peel off if necessary. Included in the box is a plastic card with a scratch-off area that reveals your serial number for the free app. Once you’ve installed it, you can adjust the settings to match which of the three layouts you’re using, including the functions of the custom keys. The virtual keys provide a clicky, typewriter-style sound when they’re pressed, letting you know that they’re on; of course this can be turned off in the settings. Also included in the package are a polishing cloth, an bubble-removing applicator card, and a pen to mark the blank, customizable keys on the 30-key sticker. Overall, The Magic Numpad is living up to expectations, and seems like it’ll be a very good solution for those who do a lot of data entry.
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple announces record 4M+ pre-orders for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010