Mobee Technology The Magic Numpad
Is it just a matter of time until Apple releases a Multi-Touch keyboard for the Mac? Mobee Technology’s not waiting for that to happen: the maker of The Magic Bar and The Magic Charger has announced The Magic Numpad ($30), which isn’t a standalone accessory; instead, you get a set of stickers and a custom app that transforms a Magic Trackpad into a wireless number pad. Mobee’s idea is to offer double the functionality without having to add another piece of hardware to your desk. Updated October 19, 2011 with new pictures and hands-on impressions!
The set includes three different layouts. There’s a full numeric keypad that takes up the whole face of the Magic Trackpad, one that leaves a tactile area for maneuvering, and a third that includes customizable keys—you write your own commands in with the included permanent marker. The films are made to be bubble-proof and reusable, with an anti-glare finish. If you’ve been relying on Apple’s number pad-less Wireless Keyboards, you’ll understand why this might make sense for some users. Update: We’ve had a chance to play around with The Magic Numpad, and so far, we like what we see. The stickers are easy to apply, and peel off if necessary. Included in the box is a plastic card with a scratch-off area that reveals your serial number for the free app. Once you’ve installed it, you can adjust the settings to match which of the three layouts you’re using, including the functions of the custom keys. The virtual keys provide a clicky, typewriter-style sound when they’re pressed, letting you know that they’re on; of course this can be turned off in the settings. Also included in the package are a polishing cloth, an bubble-removing applicator card, and a pen to mark the blank, customizable keys on the 30-key sticker. Overall, The Magic Numpad is living up to expectations, and seems like it’ll be a very good solution for those who do a lot of data entry.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?