MobileAge Shanghai Mahjong
Mahjong: it’s not just for grandmas in tea houses any more. The iOS App Store has been littered with also-rans for a few years, but MobileAge has stood head and shoulders above most rivals with its premier title Shanghai Mahjong ($2)—a “concentration-style” tile-matching game that’s now available for the Mac. Featuring realistic graphics, dozens of free downloadable tile sets, and the ability to personalize the backgrounds, it is a gorgeous iteration of the classic puzzler, challenging you to deconstruct stacks two tiles at a time.
While currently on the first version, 1.1 will be popping up shortly. Updates include the ability to set customizable rewards in the form of funny, inspiring, or weird fortunes, keep track of statistics across layouts, and the addition of even more tiles and backgrounds. Let’s be honest here: you’re not going to play this type of Mahjong unless a computer stacks the tiles for you. Now you really don’t have any excuse. It’s a one-click download from the Mac App Store.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014