MobileAge Shanghai Mahjong
Mahjong: it’s not just for grandmas in tea houses any more. The iOS App Store has been littered with also-rans for a few years, but MobileAge has stood head and shoulders above most rivals with its premier title Shanghai Mahjong ($2)—a “concentration-style” tile-matching game that’s now available for the Mac. Featuring realistic graphics, dozens of free downloadable tile sets, and the ability to personalize the backgrounds, it is a gorgeous iteration of the classic puzzler, challenging you to deconstruct stacks two tiles at a time.
While currently on the first version, 1.1 will be popping up shortly. Updates include the ability to set customizable rewards in the form of funny, inspiring, or weird fortunes, keep track of statistics across layouts, and the addition of even more tiles and backgrounds. Let’s be honest here: you’re not going to play this type of Mahjong unless a computer stacks the tiles for you. Now you really don’t have any excuse. It’s a one-click download from the Mac App Store.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?