MobileAge Shanghai Mahjong
Mahjong: it’s not just for grandmas in tea houses any more. The iOS App Store has been littered with also-rans for a few years, but MobileAge has stood head and shoulders above most rivals with its premier title Shanghai Mahjong ($2)—a “concentration-style” tile-matching game that’s now available for the Mac. Featuring realistic graphics, dozens of free downloadable tile sets, and the ability to personalize the backgrounds, it is a gorgeous iteration of the classic puzzler, challenging you to deconstruct stacks two tiles at a time.
While currently on the first version, 1.1 will be popping up shortly. Updates include the ability to set customizable rewards in the form of funny, inspiring, or weird fortunes, keep track of statistics across layouts, and the addition of even more tiles and backgrounds. Let’s be honest here: you’re not going to play this type of Mahjong unless a computer stacks the tiles for you. Now you really don’t have any excuse. It’s a one-click download from the Mac App Store.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?