Modbook Modbook Pro
Well before Apple jumped into the tablet game with the iPad, Axiotron was transforming MacBooks into touchscreen slates. Now the company has returned as Modbook, and it has announced that it will ship its brand new Modbook Pro ($3,499+) starting next month. Unquestionably expensive by iPad and other contemporary tablet standards, the entry-level version is a converted base model 13” MacBook Pro, featuring a 2.5GHz Core i5 processor and 4GB of RAM. To cut down on weight and moving parts, Modbook swaps out the hard drive with a 64GB SSD by default.
Unlike an iPad running iOS, Modbook Pros are full-fledged Macs with OS X. Modbook tears the MacBook Pro apart, putting its guts into a new body measuring 13.86” x 9.65” x 0.93” and weighing 5.5 pounds. It has a full array of I/O: the MagSafe power port, Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 800 port, Thunderbolt port, a USB 3.0 port, SDXC card slot, headphone port, and the SuperDrive. The company also includes a digitizer pen in the box and heavy touts the stylus compatibility. If the base model’s specs aren’t enough for you, you can choose to go up to a 2.9GHz processor, 16GB of RAM, and a 480GB SSD—maxed out, Modbook Pro will run you $4,579.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?