Modbook Modbook Pro
Well before Apple jumped into the tablet game with the iPad, Axiotron was transforming MacBooks into touchscreen slates. Now the company has returned as Modbook, and it has announced that it will ship its brand new Modbook Pro ($3,499+) starting next month. Unquestionably expensive by iPad and other contemporary tablet standards, the entry-level version is a converted base model 13” MacBook Pro, featuring a 2.5GHz Core i5 processor and 4GB of RAM. To cut down on weight and moving parts, Modbook swaps out the hard drive with a 64GB SSD by default.
Unlike an iPad running iOS, Modbook Pros are full-fledged Macs with OS X. Modbook tears the MacBook Pro apart, putting its guts into a new body measuring 13.86” x 9.65” x 0.93” and weighing 5.5 pounds. It has a full array of I/O: the MagSafe power port, Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 800 port, Thunderbolt port, a USB 3.0 port, SDXC card slot, headphone port, and the SuperDrive. The company also includes a digitizer pen in the box and heavy touts the stylus compatibility. If the base model’s specs aren’t enough for you, you can choose to go up to a 2.9GHz processor, 16GB of RAM, and a 480GB SSD—maxed out, Modbook Pro will run you $4,579.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?