Monoprice 27" IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor
Apple’s Thunderbolt Display is an impressive monitor, combining extra Mac-ready I/O ports with a gorgeous, high resolution display. The biggest problem is the price: it still costs $999, as much as the base model MacBook Air. If you’re looking for a less expensive solution but refuse to accept lower screen quality, you’re in luck: Monoprice, makers of inexpensive cables and other accessories, has just joined the monitor game, and its 27” IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor ($391) may just be the right thing for you.
The big thing to know about this display is it uses the same panel as Apple’s monitor, meaning you get the same 2560 by 1440 resolution, in-plane switching technology, and color gamut. It’s housed in a different frame, though, and connects using DVI rather than Thunderbolt, so you have to make some sacrifices. But in addition to the $600+ savings, you get a one-year warranty, and a guarantee that there won’t be more than five dead pixels; Apple accepts ten. Pretty good deal, right?
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?