Monoprice 27" IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor
Apple’s Thunderbolt Display is an impressive monitor, combining extra Mac-ready I/O ports with a gorgeous, high resolution display. The biggest problem is the price: it still costs $999, as much as the base model MacBook Air. If you’re looking for a less expensive solution but refuse to accept lower screen quality, you’re in luck: Monoprice, makers of inexpensive cables and other accessories, has just joined the monitor game, and its 27” IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor ($391) may just be the right thing for you.
The big thing to know about this display is it uses the same panel as Apple’s monitor, meaning you get the same 2560 by 1440 resolution, in-plane switching technology, and color gamut. It’s housed in a different frame, though, and connects using DVI rather than Thunderbolt, so you have to make some sacrifices. But in addition to the $600+ savings, you get a one-year warranty, and a guarantee that there won’t be more than five dead pixels; Apple accepts ten. Pretty good deal, right?
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?