Monoprice 27" IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor
Apple’s Thunderbolt Display is an impressive monitor, combining extra Mac-ready I/O ports with a gorgeous, high resolution display. The biggest problem is the price: it still costs $999, as much as the base model MacBook Air. If you’re looking for a less expensive solution but refuse to accept lower screen quality, you’re in luck: Monoprice, makers of inexpensive cables and other accessories, has just joined the monitor game, and its 27” IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor ($391) may just be the right thing for you.
The big thing to know about this display is it uses the same panel as Apple’s monitor, meaning you get the same 2560 by 1440 resolution, in-plane switching technology, and color gamut. It’s housed in a different frame, though, and connects using DVI rather than Thunderbolt, so you have to make some sacrifices. But in addition to the $600+ savings, you get a one-year warranty, and a guarantee that there won’t be more than five dead pixels; Apple accepts ten. Pretty good deal, right?
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?