Monoprice 27" IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor
Apple’s Thunderbolt Display is an impressive monitor, combining extra Mac-ready I/O ports with a gorgeous, high resolution display. The biggest problem is the price: it still costs $999, as much as the base model MacBook Air. If you’re looking for a less expensive solution but refuse to accept lower screen quality, you’re in luck: Monoprice, makers of inexpensive cables and other accessories, has just joined the monitor game, and its 27” IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor ($391) may just be the right thing for you.
The big thing to know about this display is it uses the same panel as Apple’s monitor, meaning you get the same 2560 by 1440 resolution, in-plane switching technology, and color gamut. It’s housed in a different frame, though, and connects using DVI rather than Thunderbolt, so you have to make some sacrifices. But in addition to the $600+ savings, you get a one-year warranty, and a guarantee that there won’t be more than five dead pixels; Apple accepts ten. Pretty good deal, right?
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?